Monday, April 18, 2016

Lesson with a Lorikeet


4/18/2016
So here is the week:

Well the week went by so fast and yet I feel like Monday was literally an eternity ago haha. But some days go quick and some days not as much. The great thing is that this is the Lord’s work so how great is my calling to be a missionary!!! I just hope that my legs will get used to doing all of this biking up hills sometime soon-ish.  Although it does help that my bike is nice. This week I have been trying to work on knowing the doctrine more fully so that I can teach by the spirit as well as using the atonement in my life even in the daily little things because He can help with all things even if it's the fact that I come back to the flat to do daily planning and I almost fall asleep because I'm super tired. I'm working in all things to try to more fully follow Christ and build my foundation upon Him because as it says in the Book of Mormon that it is upon the rock of our redeemer who is Christ the son of God that we must build our foundation that when the devil shall send forth his trails and temptations that he shall have no power over us because of the rock upon which we are built.

I'll share two quick experiences of the week. One was while we were out tracting one day on a random street.  After a while of knocking on a bunch of people's doors and either them not being home or them not being interested, we had a lady open her door and just started talking to us a lot and she eventually was like alright I'll let you share your message now.. hahaha. She said, “I already read your literature the watch tower, you are Jehovah's witnesses right??” and we were like... no. So then we started to share that we were Mormons and she was very interested and wanted to know heaps of stuff so we gave her a Book of Mormon and while we were describing the first vision to her, a lorikeet (it's a colorful green bird that lives here in Australia) landed right near us and was just chilling. And this lady was freaking out, she said, “those types of birds don't just come and land that close to you like that!! It's a sign from God!!” and she was like I needed this! and we were like yes. YES the gospel is true.

Then randomly we were tracting and we meet a random person who just came up to us and was like hey elders! And we were like...??? and she was like I've been a member all my life but I've been inactive for a year ever since we moved to here from Sydney.  She was like I've been waiting for some missionaries to come to see me before I go back to church. And we were like here we are!!  The crazy thing is that she lived just down the street from the bishop.

But ya just a quick couple cool miracles. Also I had a birthday dinner with a really nice less active family and they gave me cake and yes Riley I like the new watch!!

Love you all
Elder Pierce


No comments:

Post a Comment