Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Happy Easter! Busy Awesome Week!


                                                        Me with my sun hat :)
4/18/2017
Dear Everyone,
 
First off, sorry that I am a day late with my email but it is because yesterday was a public holiday Easter Monday! So I will jump right into it. This past week we have been able to do some good teaching with members and our investigators so that our investigators have some fellowship in the church. Since Tuesday was my birthday I got the privilege and honor of being a missionary all day!!! haha On that day we had a really good lesson with  our investigator Anne who was the lady who just turned up to General Conference and we talked about the plan of salvation and we taught for a good long time and she was always comparing what we were teaching to what the JW teach because before she lived in Warwick she lived in Brisbane and she was taking lessons with the jws but it was an awesome lesson! 

On my birthday it was really cool because at night there was this huge orange moon which I thought was kind of like a tender mercy from Heavenly Father just saying, "Yes, I know and remember you" because I always remember mom telling me that when I was born that there was a big orange moon. 
The picture of the moon on my birthday (so it is the really orange one and the other light is a street lamp)
 That was pretty awesome!

Then on Thursday we had a lesson with our Chinese investigator Esther where we brought a sister from church who served her mission in Thailand. We thought that was the next best thing to someone who spoke Chinese, someone who had experience teaching people without a Christian background. And it was awesome lesson and she invited Esther's whole family to dinner at her house so that was really awesome and we did that on Sunday (Easter).  Also Thursday we had another lesson with Anne with one of the members about the restoration and that went really well. Then on Easter we had a great church service and my companion gave a talk but the only problem was that he was suppose to give a 15 minute talk but only got to about 10 minutes so then it was turn to give my testimony as well (companionship unity!) haha Then that night we were able to go to dinner at the member's house and our Chinese investigator and they connected  really well! 

To top it off on Monday we had a great day because we had dinner at one of the families in the ward, the Clarks, because it was their youngest daughter's birthday so they actually made it a joint birthday party for me and her! haha We also did an Easter egg hunt with them so it was just full of lots of fun :) Also yesterday we taught Anne the gospel of Jesus Christ and she said that everything clicked and that she wants to be baptized and so we set her on date for the middle of May.... and fast forward to today she called us and told us that she wants to be baptized this Saturday... so we will she how that goes. If that is not a prepared person from the Lord then I don't know who is..?!?! hahaha  

I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Random bits of information though- Easter is pretty much the same in Australia the only difference is that all year round they eat Cadbury all year round but for Easter time there are the especially good chocolates! and apparently they celebrate more Easter Monday then Easter Saturday...?? but it is still pretty good! Also random funny thing that happened to us, so we were going to visit this recent convert in our ward and before we went in this member pulled up and started talking to us and he spoke to my companion and he said, "I didn't know you could play the organ so well!" but my companion who didn't hear him responded "No, we just came here to visit Tirsh..." really funny :) but I hope everyone has a great week!

- Elder Pierce

   We watched the 17 miracles on the night of my birthday on this little purple portable dvd player.

No comments:

Post a Comment