Monday, July 25, 2016

A New Mission President


7/25/2016

Dear everyone,

     This past week has been pretty good, I'm still learning heaps! It was really cool because we met the new mission president, President McSwain on Wednesday and I can already tell that he is going to be an amazing mission president!! 
Mark E and Yvonne B. McSwain
I'm excited to work with him throughout my mission. He gave us some really cool insights because before our interviews he like gave an introduction to him and his wife/ a training. One thing he said was if you remember the scripture in D&C about if you shall labor all your days and bring one soul unto me how great shall be your joy. He said that one soul is ourselves! He also said that Preach My Gospel is the second most correct book on earth and that we needed to live by it. 

He also talked about in my interviews to make sure to set specific goals to baptize and then take them to the Lord because when we give those specific goals to the Lord, He can more fully direct us! 






* a small thought from a letter to Mom I'm sure he wouldn't mind me (Mom) sharing:
 I know the Lord does have his timing, this is actually making me think of a talk by David a Bednar called "Ask in Faith". I'd give that one a look*. But I know that if the Lord can move mountains He can shape our lives in the midst of our trial.  
*Click on the link to read the talk: Ask in Faith- Elder David A. Bednar

But ya love you all! Sorry the email was short it was a pretty good week. Improvements still to be made but there is progress!

Love,Elder Pierce

Click on the link below to take a look at this video/ treasure on the Australia, Brisbane Mission website!  You can see Elder Pierce as he first arrived in Australia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment