Monday, August 1, 2016

Helmets Save Lives

                                           Protected from serious harm- Bike vs. Motorcycle
8/1/2016

Dear everyone!
     
Sorry I have to be quick because a lot of my time was eaten off because I had to fill out an bike accident form and stuff like that. But the week was a long week. This past Monday we went and actually did something during p-day and we went and played touch with the other Elders. We were pretty full on that day with appointments and such. We taught one of our part-member families, the Taoro family. But the week was one full of fast and slow parts and ups and downs. 

I'll get to the parts where stuff actually happened. On Saturday we were on our way to the appointment at night and my companion just crossed the road and I went to cross after him and I saw a motorcycle coming and I thought that I had more time to cross than I did... But I didn't have the time so the motorcycle collided with me. To start neither me or the guy got seriously injured. I am pretty sore all over with bruises and a couple scrapes but M'm alright. We will have to see how it goes because they had the police come out to survey the scene and I have to pay a ticket for about $341. But ya we are all alright my bike and the guy's bike are worse for wear but all is good. He was a pretty reasonable guy so it was pretty good. 
Post-crash aftermath

But ya so transfers was today and......drum roll..... I'm staying in Camira but Elder Tsuchiya is getting transferred! This will be my new companion's last transfer so it looks like I will be here in Camira for a little while more! I'm glad the Lord is giving me another chance to do his work here in this area! :) My new companion is Elder Siliili. He is a Samoan who was born in New Zealand and has lived in Melbourne his whole life.  He can speak fluent Samoan which will be awesome for our ward! I'm really excited to just smash the work!! 

Sorry the email is short but things are looking up. But we also have a car full time in our area! But ya that is all sorry it's quick.

 Love you all :)
-Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment