Monday, October 17, 2016

A Fast Week

Missionary life: We took some pictures with the Elders that live like 2 minutes away from our flat,    
we play basketball with them every morning.
10/17/2016

Dear everyone,
   
 It was another good week here in Pimpama still plugging away doing the Lord's work and trying to build the kingdom. But the week went by really fast because I feel like I was just emailing yesterday. 

A couple cool things I guess that happened, one was that on Thursday we had our mission president interviews which went awesome because he gave us a big training and such about yoking together with our members and packing the ward around our investigators. It was nice because it was my first ever like normal mission president interview since all of my other interviews have been like either a welcome interview or a farewell interview... haha. So it was cool to feel the love from our mission president and his wife :) 

A lot of the week was filled with canceled appointments.. but such is the way missionary work goes sometimes.  We are slowly but surely trying to build up our teaching pool so that we can be teaching and helping more people. But I guess I'll share a quick story: while we were following up with a former investigator whose name was Boudaine (I just refer to him as Bo) well when we got in there with him he was randomly talking about all this crazy conspiracy theory stuff and it was like what?? haha  So then I started praying and asking the Lord what I could say or do to help him and then all of the sudden a couple scriptures came to mind and I had the thought to ask him what was his purpose here in this life. Well, his countenance changed and he just started telling us all of these concerns and stuff and he was like I have been seeing so many signs from God that I need to go to church and we were like, yes. But coming out of that I can definitely say that none of that was me but the spirit working through me. Just pretty cool.

But ya, a pretty good week and it is crazy because it is the last week in the transfer. Elder Meyer and I doubt that either one of us will be transferred, but who knows.. I hope not. But yup I love you all and hope that you all have a great week!

-Elder Pierce 
Being silly

No comments:

Post a Comment