Monday, October 10, 2016

#ldsconf


10/10/2016

Dear Everyone,
  
  Wow, well today the time ran away from me while emailing and downloading some talks from conference.. but I hope I can share a few good stories or something.. haha 

Well this week went by extremely quick I literally just felt like yesterday was last p-day. But the week went well. To start it though on last p-day while I was playing basketball with all of the other missionaries in the zone, I jumped and then accidentally landed on someone else's foot. I think I might have torn something or other but I called the doctor of the mission and he said to just rest it up... but there is work to be done in the Lord's vineyard so I rested it up for that Monday.. hahah.  But it isn't too bad it doesn't really hurt at this point now and I can put normal weight on it so it should be all good.
I think I tore something while playing basketball (but it looks worse than how it feels)

After that it was a week of trying to catch a bunch of people and no one being home.. but we did get to do some service for an older sister who has cancer. She is from Argentina which was pretty cool. We followed up with some potentials and former investigators so now we have a little bit bigger teaching pool which is really good. We are still having some bad luck trying to catch Tenielle with all of the crazy things happening in her family and she didn't get a chance to come to conference even though we texted her and she said she would be all good for it... haha (face palm). But we are keep on keeping on because this work is the most important thing in her life so we won't ever give up! 

We also had a mini trade off with the assistant and one of the office elders only for about an hour but I went with Elder Fa'alogo who was my first zone leader so it was really good to catch up with him and we had a lot of fun!  Then of course on Saturday and Sunday we had awesome General Conference that was sooo awesome! I loved it so much because you get to hear from the apostles and prophets that we talk about so much as missionaries. Unfortunately we didn't get anyone to come to the sessions.. but we keep on trying. 

This week is looking like it will be a good week. Sorry if the email is a little haphazard.. but I love you all and have a great week!
-Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment