Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays from the Land Down Under!

1/2/2017
Dear everyone,
   
As the disclaimer to start, sorry I am emailing a day late because yesterday was a public holiday (New Year's holiday). They had us go out and work. But here I am today! So Christmas was great I loved being able to see all the family on Skype! Great to hear your voices and see your smiling faces :) 

So you can say the past however long it has been since I emailed has been crazy. So I will just have to try and cover a couple things. Christmas and Christmas Eve went well.  On Christmas eve we had to go and dedicate a guy's home who showed up to church one Sunday saying that his house was possessed and that he needed some holy water (of course the ward sent him to us, haha, it reminds of that one general conference talk "ask the missionaries they can help").  Then on Christmas we got to Skype and we visited a few members and had a few meals... needless to say that we were very full. But the family that we Skyped at they got me and Elder Meyer presents and everything so that was really fun haha.  Also by the way I loved the package!  Very appreciated and also the lanyard is perfect! because my last one was very broken.. But it was also good to have American candy and such :) 
 I'm a real Aussie! 
haha that is a worker shirt that a lot of people wear and one of those wide brim Australian straw hats
                                                            Christmas Package :)
                   (so they opened their presents on Christmas Eve which is tradition in Germany,                          
home of his companion Elder Meyer)

Then most of the week after that was normal missionary work until New Year's Eve but needless to say it has been very hot.. on New Year's Eve it was 38-39 Celsius (100-102 F)... and we were out knocking on some doors. Needless to say our brains were a little fried but all is good in the Lord's vineyard! Sometimes we have to show the Lord we are willing to work. But unfortunately last Thursday while we were doing a service for an older sister in our ward, we were helping her change some light fixtures and clean them. But one of the light fixtures I didn't put in properly and it fell and out of instinct my hands went out to catch it and it exploded on my wrist and cut it pretty deep. So the rest of that day consisted of us going to the Gold Coast hospital and waiting in the emergency room for about 4.5 hours to get seen by one of the doctors to see if it needed to get stitches. Which it ended up that it did need stitches, I had to get 3, but don't worry because very luckily(I know it's not luck but the Lord looking out for me) no major veins were cut and all of my nerves remain completely intact! The only thing was that it was a deep cut. So I am very blessed, it reminds me of when Alma and his people are in captivity and the Lord lifts their burdens and says that He will always visit his people in their afflictions. But that is enough about my wrist, it sufficeth me to say that it is fine.. haha 

Then New Year's Eve we had to be in the flat by 5:30 to avoid any problems that could possibly occur. And then on Sunday we were able to see more really cool miracles because one of our investigators and his daughter came to church and we also had a random person turn up to church with this senior couple and they said that this lady, Annette, had read the Book of Mormon 2 times and has taken a lot of the discussions with missionaries and she finally decided to come to church! So we will see how that goes :) It is always cool to see the many blessings the Lord is willing to give us! 

But I love you all and I wish you a happy new year!

Elder Pierce
Christmas Skype
                                                                    #LightTheWorld


One Happy Missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment