Friday, January 27, 2017

I Love to See the Temple

                                         Feeling inspired at the Brisbane Australia Temple :)
1/27/2017
Dear Everyone,

So this week has been really busy but super awesome!  I will try and cover it all but we will see what happens. 

So this Monday was just a normal working day for us because we had a temple p-day today(Friday) so that is why I am emailing late... sorry for no heads up but I didn't really know it was going to happen until it was too late. Tuesday we had a trade off with our district leader so I was in my area and I had his companion with me who is an awesome Samoan elder, Elder Paramore, sorry I didn't get a picture but that was good fun.  We did a lot of knocking on doors and what not because we had some of our appointments fall through. But it was a nice switch up for the day. 

Then on Wednesday we had the amazingly awesome opportunity to be able to go to the temple with Tenille and our ward mission leader and some of his family to do baptisms for the dead and Tenille loved it and it was just such an awesome thing!!! It was so cool because when we asked President for permission to go he was like, "of course you can go!" haha 
Tenille's first trip to the Brisbane Temple
Then On Thursday we had the world wide missionary broadcast and it was so awesome! We gathered together as a mission at the Karawatha chapel (same place as the Christmas conference). So much revelation it was just amazing! I will share a few things I learned, Elder Bednar talked about how the missionary purpose or the steps of faith repentance and baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost are all made one in Christ, ie. we have faith in Christ, we repent to become like Christ and we are baptized to follow Christ's example and just one of these steps by themselves has no power but when they are combined in the purpose of Christ they have all the power they need! But other things, they made some changes to the missionary schedule (huge one in my opinion) and they emphasized the importance of becoming agents unto ourselves. And then today we had an opportunity to go to the temple so overall it was a great week :)  

But I'm out of time so I love you all and have a great week!

-Elder Pierce
A funny car sticker (fyi: top black/red/yellow flag is the Australia Aboriginal flag)
Tenille's bird (it's a picture that Naveh, Tenille's daughter, took) it's a blue Indian Ring neck

No comments:

Post a Comment