Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Can I be a best man...??

                       The Coomera Stake Center Chapel            
2/14/2017
 Dear everyone,

   To start sorry that I am emailing a day late, it is because we had interviews with the mission president so they made today p-day for us. But I feel like the Lord is continually blessing me and Elder Meyer! Other than the heat because there has been a heat wave that has made it no lower than 37 (99 'ish degrees Fahrenheit).... haha that is the real deal heat. 

But I'll just get into some of the stuff that has happened this past week. Last Monday was really fun because we went to President's house and played games and what not and had dinner not to mention
My Zone at President McSwain's house
it was sister McSwain's birthday so we got to sing to her! But then this week was super good because we finished all of the missionary lessons for Jamie and Kim'lee! and on the last lesson we brought the bishop and his wife on the lesson and it was soo good because we taught about temples and family history and it was really cool to once again hear how the aboriginal culture mixes with the church! They talked with the bishop and the final plan is this: that they will be married this week on Saturday and then they will be baptized with their 11 year old daughter Atlanta next Saturday! And to top it all off Jamie asked me and Elder Meyer if we could be the best men of his wedding! and he was like can you do that? and we were like......... uhh I don't know if we can but we would honored to! so i asked president in my interview yesterday and he initially said no but then he was like, well there is nothing in the rules that say that you can't do that.. so I will call you if I find out if you can't but if i don't say anything then.... just do it. haha And i reminded him how we were agents unto ourselves and he laughed haha. 

Other than that we are just moving along and we also found out that Tenille's oldest son Anthony went to mutual last week and just announced to everyone that he wanted to be baptized! So that will be good when we can set that up.  I think it's also been a really cool blessing to stay in this ward so long because we have been able to see the progress of it and our recent converts, Tenille and her family. They have so many friends in the church and it is just so awesome! 

Sorry I don't have any more time to email but the week has been good and I know the Lord is watching out for us! but I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

-Elder Pierce
                                                       Some pics from Elder Meyer's camera

No comments:

Post a Comment