Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Last Email from The Land Down Under!!


Saying Goodbye to Brisbane!
3/6/2018
Dear Everyone,

  Woa..... haha this is pretty surreal... This will be my last email home. It is kind of a bitter sweet thing because I am excited to go home but sad to leave the land and the people that I have grown to love. 

This week has been a busy week a little slower than last week though which is good. Miracle though is our investigator Stew Lepau came to church this past Sunday which means he is as good as gold to be baptized on Saturday which I am pretty excited about. The Lord truly is good to us I think :) It reminds me of the scripture verse found in 1 Nephi 1:20 Talking about the lord's tender mercies.


I guess I just want to bear my witness since this is my last email, That I know that God knows you individually, personally and perfectly. There is a divine plan for you and even me. Even when things are looking down, if you will turn to the Lord, He will help you. And the only reason why I can say this is because He has helped me time and time again, right when I needed him. It wasn't when I expected it but it was when I needed it. I have learned while I have been serving to trust in the Lord. 

I remember when I first came into my mission my first mission president gave each missionary this blank aluminum coin and a nail and he said to engrave in it what you wanted to be engraven in your soul. And I chose to scratch in faith. I have learned so much about faith and what it is and isn't. I don't have a perfect knowledge, but like Nephi of old, I know in whom I trust. I know God lives and Jesus Christ lived and died for us but He now lives again and He continues to lead and guide us! I know Russel M Nelson is the true and living prophet on this earth. I am grateful to the Lord for making of me more than I ever could make of myself. And this is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, amen

Alofa Atu Fa Soifua!-Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment