Monday, June 20, 2016

G'day!


Us with a mighty missionary 
(a missionary who had served here a year ago who came back and helped us out for the day)
6/20/2016

Sorry everyone about not emailing last week... I ran out of time but at least I get to email now!
Man so much has happened I don't even know what to say. haha But I'll just share a couple of things that have happened the past 2 weeks. 

Ya working with Elder Tsuchiya is still very different. But the Lord has been sending me heaps of tender mercies. I am really glad for awesome zone leaders! it is pretty sad though because this week is the transfer week and one of the zone leaders got transferred out (Elder Fa'alogo) me and Elder Tsuchiya are staying Camira. I don't think he was expecting to stay though.. hahaha oh well. This past while we have been literally talking with everyone that we see. We may not ever be on time to any appointments because of that but it's all good. It has been a stretching experience, especially since the way we usually have been doing it is we talk to different people by ourselves. So ya and since we count the contacts that we have in this mission we contacted around 220 people last week. It was cool some of the things that we did because there was a sister missionary that just returned last week so we got invited to the feast. It was a massive assembly of Samoans and Samoan food (picture included)

An Island Food Feast


                          Also one of the members gave me an 'ie faitaga which was super mean!
This one is me wearing an 'ie faitaga (pronounced ia-f-eye-kan-ga) it's the formal dress thing  that the Polynesian members wear to church
Umm.. let's see what else. We had heaps of new investigators but we also have dropped a lot of them.. so ya. 

This past week has been one full of stretching and prayers. It is pretty crazy because this week was President Henderson's last week as the Mission President and now President and Sister McSwain will be coming in so that will be interesting to see all of the changes in the mission with the new president. I just wonder what is going to happen! I'm pretty excited :) Also last week we had a mighty missionary come out and work with us for like 2 days ( which was a missionary who had served here in the ABM like a year ago) He gave us some good advice and to have him around for the day was a tender mercy for a day or two.

Also ya ElderTsuchiya has been not too happy about this being a full time bike area, he also crashed a couple times so far. (picture included)
But it's all good because the Lord knows me and He knows this area and He knows what I should be doing so I trust Him to guide me :)

But everyone have a great week sorry if the letter was kind of all over the place.. haha 

--Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment