Monday, June 6, 2016

Goodbye Elder Parker!


Goodbye to my friend and first companion
6/6/2016

Farewell Elder Parker
So needless to say that this past week has been super crazy....... and just super busy. So as the subject suggested in the middle of the week there was an emergency transfer... We got a text from the assistants to the President that Elder Parker needed to pack all his bags and that he was flying the next day.... So he got transferred up to Makyi ( literally no idea how to spell that... but it's northern Queensland) (*Mom: I googled it and it may be a coastal city named MacKay??) So we spent that whole day taking heaps of pictures and saying goodbye to pretty much every one that we could see. It was just so fast and crazy especially since we were only in week three of the 6 week transfer. 

But.... drum roll please........ My new companion is Elder Tsuchiya (from Japan) He has been on his mission for like 20 months and he got transferred down from Makyi. He said he was transferred down for some personal reasons. I think it had to do with something about his companion. But as he would say and is always saying "it's all G". His English is pretty good and he only doesn't make sense sometimes. He is much different to Elder Parker and a great Elder. I just am praying for some more faith, patience, and humility. But he is more of a direct kind of guy. I am learning heaps and I know the Lord has reasons for everything he does. So I am putting my trust in him that I may be able to do his will and be a vessel in which I can spread his message of peace and joy. Sorry I don't have a picture of him yet, I'll definitely get one for y'all next week. 

In my studies I was reading in Alma 60-61 about the story where Moroni sends a letter to the governor Pahoran and is just not happy in this letter and pretty much says that he will kill him... and then in chapter 61 you have the response of Pahoran where he simply says you have censured me but it mattereth not and he is not angry but joys in the greatness of Moroni's heart.  It made me think about how God looks on us. And he judges us according to our works and the desires of our hearts. We must chose how we react and try and look at things through God's perspective. I love the Lord. Families can be together forever. And this gospel is true. There is no doubt. I hope that I may continue to be humble before the Lord so that He can sculpt me into what he needs me to be. 

Everyone have a great week!!
-Elder Pierce
Me and Elder Parker with the bishop's family (at least some of them he has like 12 kids)


a picture from out our back door (you can't really tell but it's raining pretty hard)

No comments:

Post a Comment