Monday, May 30, 2016

G'Day All !!!!!!

                         
Here is a real life aboriginal boomerang!!
5/30/2016

This time since Thursday has been crazy and long haha. So on Friday Elder Parker was really sick with like the cold or the flu or something and I pretty much had to force him to stay home... I don't think that he really understands what sicknesses are... haha he is kind of from the Bush of Tahiti. But he was like falling asleep every 5 seconds so I called the mission doctor and he said yup he is probably contagious so he needs to stay home and rest. And Elder Parker was like NOOO!! I have to go work! this is useless... and then proceeded to fall asleep for like the next 4 hours. So that day I was pretty much just reading and highlighting my scriptures all day, which was actually like a nice little break. But I've been trying to highlight all of the scriptures that are found in the scripture study sections in Preach My Gospel in chapter 3- the lessons. But I have been doing it since I was in the MTC and I'm still not done.. haha there are heaps of scriptures but they are all so good! Elder Parker is crazy... we still went full out with the exercising and stuff even while he was sick because he really wanted to. By Saturday he was alright and we just went and had a regular day. 

Also just so that any one who reads this email if missionaries text you, you have to  text back!!!!!!! hahaha........... We have been working harder to try to get our members involved in the work.. but either the appointments fall through or the members fall through... So we are counseling with the Lord to know how to work better to build the Lord's kingdom. On Saturday we just saw heaps of our investigators. It was really cool we talked with one of our investigators from the Taro-Strait (which is like Papua New Guinea (or PNG as they call it) and north Queensland like on Thursday Island) and she was telling us all about her culture and showed us boomerangs (she also said she might get us some) But she is a really nice lady. 
                                                                Aboriginal artwork 
A painting our investigator Peter did of his aboriginal tribe

On Sunday we had regular church and it was really good. I learned some stuff about preparing for the Sabbath from one of our investigators/members named Solo (her full name is Fa'asolo) and she has a crazy story about her life so that's why I say member/investigator.  But we came and taught her after church and that was a good lesson. Sunday we just ate heaps and heaps... it's like every house we went to they fed us and were like, "you have to eat elders..." haha so me and Elder Parker were really full that day. But it kind of stinks because I think I'm starting to get sick (the flu/cold thing that Elder Parker had...) But it will be all good I hope. The first time that i get a flu shot and I get the flu.. haha awesome :) haha 

I am excited for the work this week! We are going to redouble our efforts in Camira and do what the Lord would have us do! And this Wednesday should be interesting because it is the State of Origin Rugby League game. Queensland vs New South Whales. It should be  crazy because it will be a really big deal and game. So we will see how the proselyting will go on Wednesday especially later in the evening when everyone will be watching the game. But I love the Lord's work, I just wish I was a little bit better so that I can do more.  I will just have to keep up diligent studies and work by faith and especially the spirit. But yup that is my week! 

I hope all of y'all have a great week!!

-Elder Pierce
                                             

                              A picture from last week of when President came by for interviews

No comments:

Post a Comment