Monday, May 30, 2016

Zone Temple Day/p-day

                                             The Beautiful Brisbane Australia Temple
5/26/2016
Dear everyone,

     Sorry about the late email because today is Thursday here in Australia and the thing is that we are having P-Day today because we got to go to the temple today with our whole zone! 
Zone Temple Day

I guess I'll start by talking about last week. So last preparation day literally feels like forever ago... it went by SO fast. Honestly I don't remember too much it has just blurred together. But we have done heaps of trying to find and teach this week and trying to work better with our members so that we can get the Lord's work moving here in Camira. I'll just share a couple of the cool things. This week was the first time I was really swore at!!! that was awesome! haha  We told the guy to have a good day and he was like YA I WILL.... haha, it just made me crack up. 

Also something I have been working on this week is developing Christ like attributes and the one I am working on in particular is Faith.  I'm studying and trying to apply especially in Faith in finding which is the thing I have the hardest time with is connecting with the random people as we are walking or on their front door step when all they say is, "not interested, no worries mate, cheers... etc" haha but The Lord is helping me as I study and apply. Faith is a trust. A trust that we have that this is His work and that every single person on this earth desperately needs the Gospel of Jesus Christ that has been restored through a modern day prophet Joseph Smith. This is His gospel and there is real power in Him who is the Author and finisher of our Faith. And He works miracles according to our faith! So that's why i am working on that :) 

But ya this week was our ward conference which was pretty awesome because I was in a ward council meeting with the stake president which was awesome! And during our sacrament meeting our bishop felt inspired to actually invite this less active lady (sister Bell) to come bear her testimony (mind you this is the first week she has been to church in a while).  Well she just gave a power house testimony and it touched everyone and the Spirit was able to witness unto me about the love he has for his lost sheep. The week has just been busy for sure. But in a good way because this is the Lord's work so I'm glad to have every hour filled with things to do to help build the kingdom. Yesterday actually we had trade off's and I went to the zone leaders area and spent the day with Elder Zobell (from Canada).  It was pretty cool and it worked out really well, we taught some pretty good lesson to some awesome investigators! One lady her name is Magda from South Africa and it is just so crazy how converted to the gospel she really is. She finished the Book of Mormon in like 3 weeks and is roaring and ready to be Baptized.

Then it was today and we went to the temple.  We woke up at like 5:30 am then went to the train station and then caught the public transport all the way to Brisbane and then had an awesome session!!  I know this may seem like a small miracle but i was praying pretty hard in the temple so that I could have more faith to find and on the way back I talked to some random people on the train and like I was the only missionary who was sharing the gospel. So don't you ever say the Lord doesn't answer prayers. If we are willing to change and put our faith forward into action then the Lord will help us and multiply our efforts and talents. 

But one thing that has still stuck with me from what Elder Andersen said when he visited was ( and i can't remember the scripture) that we deal in the unseen things as missionaries and as members of the church. We don't need to teach people about the Brisbane skyline or the weather or anything like that because they can see those things around them. We teach of those things which are unseen but are more important, the truths of eternity, that this life is not all. That Jesus Christ lives and directs us. Those things they cannot see with their eyes. but that was cool! Yup it was a great week sorry if my email is a little sparse this week things were crazy with it being temple p-day. But Everyone have a great week!!

-Elder Pierce
                                                                  Koala crossing sign 
                                                         Mackers (aka McDonald's)

No comments:

Post a Comment