Saturday, May 7, 2016

Rainy but Awesome Week!

Rain or Shine the Work must go on!
(
our Ghetto rain jackets that a member made us because it was raining and we didn't have ours)





5/3/2016                                      

So once again today is Tuesday here because yesterday was Labor Day, so that meant we were able to do some good work! So this week has felt like forever and also at the same time a really short amount of time. It's crazy because every week has felt like that pretty much. Something our mission president says is that this time that we are here out in the field is like a spiritual green house and that we will learn and grow a whole lot in a short period of time and so we have to use our time wisely because it will go by fast. And now I understand that because holy cow it has gone by so quick! I've already been here for like 5 weeks?? 

This past week it has rained every day (usually a light rain) But it's crazy because it is much different to be riding around in full on proselyting clothes in the pouring down rain on a bike- but I love it (and in some cases in my suit). In our mission we are working on what President Henderson is calling a 21 day spiritual fast because in 21 days an apostle is coming to do a mission tour so we are working on giving up something that is keeping us from the miracles that Savior has planned for us in this great and marvelous missionary work. And I am going to give up being afraid/ hesitating to do things like being afraid to follow a prompting or whether it be in extending a commitment to an investigator or anything like that. It has not been easy but I am working my hardest and we are redoubling our efforts to fulfill our goals because our goals are a reflection of the desires of our hearts and the plans we make are acts of faith. So I am working my best!! 

A couple of crazy things real quick, one while we were coming back home one day from the farthest part of our area ( about 40'ish minutes bike ride) and my tire popped.....and that was crazy!  Elder Parker ended up running with my bike and I rode his (which I was really grateful for) But that experience reminded of the Savior because Heavenly Father knew that we were going to have our tires pop and not be able to run all the way back, so he sent someone else who could take our bike for us. Also we had a random race with some kids and it was raining and at the end we had to turn and I touched my brake and the bike went right out from under me and I slid for like 5 meters and now those pants are ruined... hahah, oh well.
My pants and leg after a bike crash thingy


 Also we did a service project where we mowed an investigator's lawn.  

Well, I have to go! But every one have a great week!!!! Also talk to y'all soon!
I emailed mom some more details.

-Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment