Monday, March 20, 2017

Another Week in Warwick

                                 Our full day p-day with President! Ipswich West zone!! haha
3/20/2017
Dear everyone,

This past week has been a pretty good week! So we didn't get back to Warwick until Wednesday afternoon because we were still in Ipswich for full day p-day and zone meetings and what not. But it was really fun to be in Ipswich because it is very similar to what Camira is like :) nice and dodegy! haha 

But now it is good to be back here in Warwick! I think the highlight of the week is that we found this Chinese lady, Esther (that is her English name because we couldn't pronounce her Chinese one...) She is a young mom with one daughter who is just over a year old! She and her husband have been Australia for two years because her husband has a job here working with I think crop yields and what not. But we have been teaching her, and while we were in Ipswich we got a bunch of stuff in Chinese so we could give it to her. So the way that we have been teaching is that we give her the Chinese pamphlet and we use the English one and read and discuss (and she understands about 70% 'ish I would say). She has such sincere questions because in China they teach them in school that God is not real and that it is just you. So we are having to teach pretty much everything! It has been so cool talking about the plan of salvation and teaching about Eternal truths that we take for granted. Like when we told her that even her own ancestors would have a chance to hear the gospel she was like, no way! 

Also pretty cool is that our ward is going to be singing in stake conference and being that both Elder Tewes and I are musical we are going to sing a song in a quartet and be in the ward choir! which is awesome because I love being in choirs!! 

But I think that that is about it... I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
-Elder Pierce

** Side note: This is Noah's message to me (Mom) about our recent health scare and 9 day hospital stay with Tanner (our 13 year-old).  Noah's faith lifts me up and gives me strength, I'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing...
WOOHOO Tanner is home!!! That is really good! I sent you and dad and email for him! Let him know I love him! I wish I could do something more... but all I can do is pray and I KNOW that Heavenly Father hears every one of my prayers, so I am trusting it in our Heavenly Father's hands! There are just some things that only God can do for us and our family! love you mum! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment