Thursday, March 30, 2017

Fast Week

                                                                  Warwick, Australia
3/27/2017
Dear everyone,
  
   I don't know why but I feel like I just emailed everyone yesterday... haha it goes by SO fast. This past week has been a good week for us here in Warwick, fast but good! So to start off, our investigators Robert and Shonna (the couple who want to get married) we still haven't been able to meet them in a while because Shonna is still working heaps and Robert has been pretty unwell... so not much progress there but they are still doing good reading the Book Of Mormon and what not. So on one of the days we decided to leave a treat for them but since we didn't really have enough time to make them anything... we gave them a couple of packets of kool-aid that I had left over and we hoped that it was good enough. 

Our Chinese investigator has been going very well we try and use as much Chinese resources as we possibly can! We showed her The Restoration in Mandarin and also Finding Faith in Christ, both were really good for her! Click to view "Finding Faith in Christ"  Lots of times she will ask us questions in English and then we will find the answer in the BOM and show it to her in Chinese (just so you know it's very hard to find because we can only understand the numbers..haha) Kind of on a bitter sweet note we are going to the funeral of one of the recent converts of a month because he had terminal cancer and he was baptized very soon before he passed away. It is a very long amazing conversion story but I don't have time to write it but Elder Tewes and I will be singing at his funeral at his wife's request (she also was baptized at the same time).

I have also received some requests to share some more about my companion. Well he is pretty cool we get along really well... haha He absolutely loves music and he wants to be a film score composer, like Hans Zimmer. He is verry good at what he does needless to say. He also loves to sing and he is very good at it. On that note yesterday at church We sang a song together "In Humility our Savior" hymn 172 that went really well!  Also right after I sang the song it was my turn to give a talk. My subject was about overcoming our fears to share the gospel and I shared some of my experiences on my mission and I told everyone that as they probably noticed I am a very shy person who doesn't like to talk to people. and to my astonishment many members came up to me and talked about how they would not have guessed that and some people even said I was really outgoing... haha, well that's a change! 

But recently I have been studying a lot from Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage and I am about half way through and I have also been studying and pondering a lot about faith and believing in things which are not seen. Along with prayers and how we should not be casual in our prayers but realize that we are approaching the throne of God (we also got to watch that face face broadcast to the youth) But things are going pretty well and we are both really keen to do the Lord's work! And I still can't get over  the fact that I have been in my mission longer than a year.. crazy but it is always amazing to me with what the Lord can do with the little bit that we give him! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Also if anyone has any specific questions they want to ask me just go ahead and ask me and I'll try to answer!
-Elder Pierce
                                                            The Warwick Post Office
                                               typical Queenslander style homes/buildings

No comments:

Post a Comment