Thursday, June 1, 2017

I am a "father" again!


                                                  Zone Conference (back in April)
5/28/2017
Dear Everyone,

  So yup it's a pretty big change to be training again... haha but my new golden is the man! His name is Elder Haiane pronounced like HIYAH(as in karate like Jackie-Chan)-Ne(like a mix between nay and the sound a horse makes Neigh). He is from Perth, Australia but he had only been living there for 4 years, he was born and raised in Auckland, NZ. He is half Tongan half Cook Islander. and very New Zealander haha when I first saw his name I thought he was going to be straight from the islands and that I would have to teach him English. But luckily I don't have to! He is pretty green, like he doesn't know how to do many things, but I guess that makes sense because this is his first few days. He is pretty funny and has a lot of fun and we get along pretty great so far :) 

But now I am back into the mode of doing most everything again.. haha but it is pretty fun to get to train again. He came in on Wednesday and we made the trip back to Warwick (about 2 hours and a few minutes) and then we have been doing the Lord's work here since! But one funny story is when we are about to go finding for the first time and we pray for the street and as we are driving there, Elder Haiane asks me if I have been chased by any dogs while we went out tracting, and I was like well only once when this tiny dog was chasing me on my bike. And we get to the street and here is this dog that is like following our car and barking at us. But then I say a prayer for safety and then I said we would be good to go out and this dog was like barking really weird but I knew he wasn't going to do anything to us.  Eventually we met her owner and talked to her and she turned into a potential investigator.  Then on the last house while we were walking up to it, this dog came and was running right at us but I know we were all good. and he just turned back and his owner told us that he was busy. but my companion afterwards was like... I was ready to bolt! haha but you just stood still and didn't even flinch! haha and I was like yup! But we had a pretty good week :) and hopefully everything will work out for this week! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
-Elder Pierce  

No comments:

Post a Comment