Monday, October 9, 2017

Miracles and General Conference


10/09/2017
Dear Everyone,
  Okay so I will try to get everything in with this email. First off to answer Dad's question about the investigators who we took their tea from, it is a mom and a daughter (both Australian 52, 26 'ish) We found them through door knocking and they have been coming to church every week and they are preparing to be baptized not this upcoming Saturday but next one. So that is really cool.


It sure was a busy week with Zone Conferences and General Conference as well but it has been a great week full of some cool miracles. We have 4 dates set for baptisms this week (October 14) in the zone. So, we have been seeing a lot of successes in Ipswich and our missionaries are working hard. Our area as well is going very well, especially Raceview ward.  I will tell you one cool miracle that I will hold close to my heart that happened. Last week there was a kid who came to church who came up to me and asked me if I remembered him. And I knew that I knew him but I wasn't sure where from. Well after church it hit me that he was a kid from one of the part member families I taught in my first area and he had gone into foster care for some reason soon after I left the area. And he was just accepted to be with one of our families in Raceview ward! On his first Sunday he went up to his teachers and asked them if he could be baptized. So, we taught him our first lesson this week and he is so keen, we will have to do some work about child services but I think it is amazing how the Lord prepares people especially for us! 

Also at zone conference, like I was saying, I got to sing which was fun again. One of the assistants asked me to sing "You Raise Me Up".  I thought it went really well. We also have a baptism planned for this Saturday of a 13-year-old boy from a part member family and he is such a cool kid we are still working with some of his other siblings but it should be an amazing experience on Saturday. (I will get some pictures for that). 

Sorry this email is kind of all over the place but the work is good and Heavenly Father knows His children and works through the small and simple things! Oh ya conference was AWESOME! As always I especially enjoyed Elder Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday morning. 

Everyone have a great week! Also happy late 18th birthday Dallin!!

Love, Elder Pierce

PS.  Elder Pierce found a the mission blog (https://sewrefining.com/ ) maintained by the Mission President and his wife (President and Sister McSwain) with pictures and videos.  
Click on the link below to hear a short clip of Elder Pierce singing and sharing his beautiful talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment