Monday, February 26, 2018

A God of Miracles


2/13/2018
Dear Everyone,

  First off, hello again from the future, it is already Valentines Day here in the land down under, so I wish you all a happy Valentines day. Being a missionary I actually completely forgot about it... haha one of the members just reminded us. It's funny in a mission you are kind of in a time warp. 

But this past week has been a good week for us here in Ipswich! It has been a hot one though.... wow..... it has gotten up to 40 a couple of days which is like an oven especially with the humidity... But things are still good. A little bit of heat can't stop the work of the Lord. I think this week I have been reminded again that it is the Lord who does His work and we have the privilege of being the tools in His hands. 

A couple of cool things that happened that I will share: One day as we were going along we prayed in our planning session that morning that we could be put in the places that the Lord needed us to be. So that day was a little bit of a slow day because we had no set appointments. As we went through I remembered a Less Active family who we hadn't seen in ages. So after a lot of fallen through lessons and such we came to their home (the C's) When I came in I could tell Sister C. was a bit distressed with tears in her eyes. We had a bit of a chat and shared a scripture in 2 Nephi 2 about how the Lord can consecrate our trials for our gain. After we were about to leave Sister C. walked us to our car and said. "I knew you would come around today boys because I prayed that Heavenly Father would send you here." Really cool to be directed by the Lord and not only that but not even knowing it.. Really cool :)  

Then we followed up with this other semi-active family and then lo and behold, Brother L's Older brother Stew is living with them now because of some bad family relations. But as were teaching him for the first lesson the spirit was so strong and Stew was so prepared (at the age of around 62) and we have put him on baptismal date for March 10th (my last Saturday in the mission) So the Lord is truly moving! We also had a Pacific area broadcast on Sunday and one little insight that I wanted to share was from a talk by Lynn G Robins of the 70 and he shared about the Christ-like attribute of simplicity and how it was important that we learn to live simply. 

But I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
-Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment